Toothache in Mundaring
Toothaches can be painful but we’re here to help. Trust our experienced professionals and get the treatment that will make you feel better fast.
Emergency Dental Services Can Get you the Toothache Relief You Need Fast
If you’re experiencing a toothache, it’s essential to get it checked out by a professional as soon as possible. Toothaches can be caused by several factors, such as tooth decay, gum disease, or an impacted tooth. If left untreated, the pain may get worse. It can even lead to other health problems.
At Mundaring Dental & Implant Centre, we offer emergency dentistry services so you can get the relief you need fast. Our comprehensive dental care includes treatment for toothaches. Toothaches are pains in and around the teeth that are typically caused by tooth decay. They can manifest themselves in many ways, and they can be mild or severe. Serious toothaches, however, require the attention of a dental professional to alleviate the pain and resolve the issue. We have a team of experienced dentists who will work with you to determine the cause of your toothache and provide treatment that will relieve your pain. We’ll take care of you and make sure that there are no problems throughout your treatment.
Why Do You Get a Toothache?
At Mundaring Dental & Implant Centre, our team will take time to understand your problem before recommending treatment options. By diagnosing the cause of a toothache, the pain can be dealt with effectively.
& implant centre
Convenient Quality Dental Care
With over 50 years of combined experience, our team of professionals continues to provide high-quality dental services, from general dentistry and dental implant services to restorative and cosmetic dentistry.
A Compassionate Team Utilizing Modern Technology:
Mundaring Dental & Implant Centre offers the latest dental implant technology and techniques to provide you with the best possible results. Our state-of-the-art equipment makes your dental implant experience as easy and stress-free as possible.
Mundaring Dental & Implant Centre is proud to offer flexible payment plan options to make sure that everyone receives the dental care they need.
Same-day Dentistry and Fast Turn Around Time
Mundaring Dental & Implant Centre offers same-day service for various dental treatments, including dental crowns. You can get high-quality dental care and more natural-looking crowns in just one visit!
The intensity of a toothache may vary from mild to severe, and it may be persistent or intermittent. The following signs and symptoms are usually associated with toothaches:
- Sensitivity of teeth to hot or cold liquids
- Sharp or throbbing pain when chewing or biting
- Tenderness and swelling around the teeth or gums
- Swelling of the cheeks or jaw
When painkillers do not work and your toothache lasts for more than two days, you should see a dentist. Also, see a dentist immediately if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- Persistent tooth pain
- Mouth sores
- Bleeding or swollen gums
- Sensitive teeth
- A bad taste in the mouth
- Facial swelling
- Cracked tooth
- Broken filling
Many different factors can cause toothaches. Some toothaches do not originate from inside your tooth but come from pain surrounding your tooth. This kind of toothache can get better without a trip to the dentist. The pain can disappear within a few days if it is caused by a temporary irritation in the gums.
But most of the time, toothaches are serious problems that require immediate attention. They can get more serious if left untreated, and would involve a more expensive treatments. If a toothache fades away, it usually means that the nerve in the tooth has died. An infection might still be present, causing damage to the surrounding tissue. You should consult an emergency dentist for an evaluation in order to determine the severity of the problem. Even if the pain is gone, you should still seek a proper diagnosis and treatment from a dentist.
The following home remedies can provide immediate and temporary relief:
- Over-the-Counter Pain Reliever: An over-the-counter pain reliever may provide relief for a toothache. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like naproxen or ibuprofen can be used. Acetaminophen could be taken if NSAIDs are not an option.
- Saltwater Rinse: Saltwater acts as a disinfectant and can remove debris between your teeth while reducing gum inflammation. Mix a teaspoon of salt with a glass of warm water. Swish the saltwater solution inside your mouth for 30 seconds, and then spit it out.
- Cold Compress Application: Apply a cold compress to reduce swelling and pain. Wrap ice with a towel and apply it to the affected area for 20 minutes. Repeat every few hours.
- Garlic. Garlic has antibacterial properties that can help prevent infections and relieve dental pain. Make garlic paste by crushing a clove of garlic and applying it to the affected area to relieve emergency toothache pain.
At Mundaring Dental & Implant Centre, we must first assess the cause of the pain to recommend the appropriate treatment for your toothache. After we determine the cause of your toothache, we can provide the following treatments:
- Dental Fillings: Usually, if the toothache is caused by a cavity, we will fill the cavity.
- Root Canal Therapy: A root canal may be necessary when a toothache is caused by an infection of a tooth’s nerve.
- Tooth Extraction: If the tooth is damaged and cannot be saved, an extraction may be necessary.
- Wisdom Teeth Removal: We can perform wisdom tooth removal if an impacted wisdom tooth is causing your toothache.
- Antibiotic Therapy: We may also prescribe antibiotics if you have a fever and inflammation in your mouth.