First Dental Visit in Mundaring
Mundaring Dental & Implant Centre is a family-friendly dental clinic that provides excellent dental care for children. We make your child’s first dental visit a fun and comfortable experience.
Your child's dental care starts here
Tooth decay is a common problem in young children and can often be managed if caught early. Untreated cavities can cause pain, tooth decay, and even tooth loss.
The Importance of the First Dental Visit
1. First dental visits help young children feel comfortable, safe, and happy at the dental clinic. Our team of dentists are experienced in working with young children, and our clinic is designed to make them feel comfortable and safe.
2. Your child’s first dental visit is crucial in preventing cavities, as tooth decay is the most common dental issue among children. Mundaring Dental & Implant Centre will help your child maintain healthy teeth and gums.
3. First dental visits can instil in your children a sense of responsibility regarding their teeth and gums from an early age. Our team of friendly and experienced dentists will teach your kids how to brush and floss their teeth properly.
4. During these visits, we provide parents with advice on preventing oral diseases and ways to keep their child’s smile healthy and sparkling. Mundaring Dental & Implant Centre dentists are experienced in providing preventive care, so your child’s first visit with us will be an opportunity to discuss oral health advice and tips.
& implant centre
Convenient Quality Dental Care
With over 50 years of combined experience, our team of professionals continues to provide high-quality dental services, from general dentistry and dental implant services to restorative and cosmetic dentistry.
A Compassionate Team Utilizing Modern Technology:
Mundaring Dental & Implant Centre offers the latest dental implant technology and techniques to provide you with the best possible results. Our state-of-the-art equipment makes your dental implant experience as easy and stress-free as possible.
Mundaring Dental & Implant Centre is proud to offer flexible payment plan options to make sure that everyone receives the dental care they need.
Same-day Dentistry and Fast Turn Around Time
Mundaring Dental & Implant Centre offers same-day service for various dental treatments, including dental crowns. You can get high-quality dental care and more natural-looking crowns in just one visit!
Here are a few things you can do to prepare your child for their first dental visit:
- Organise your dentist’s appointment. You should arrange it during the hours when your child is most likely to cooperate and at their peak energy level. Scheduling them early will allow young children to maintain their energy and avoid falling asleep during dental treatments.
- Make sure your child knows what to expect. Prepare a preschooler or older child for their visit by telling them what to expect. Make them aware of why the visit is important.
- Use positive language. Kids often associate the dentist with negativity. Instead of using words like “pain” or “hurt,” use positive phrases like “strong teeth,” “healthy mouth,” and “learning how to take care of your teeth.” Tell stories about yourself or other family members visiting the dentist, emphasising the good experiences and leaving out the bad ones.
- Take the time to listen to your child. Encourage them to talk about their fears with you. If they share more information with you, it will be easier for you to help them out if need be and reassure them that everything is going well.
During a child’s first dental appointment, the goal is to familiarise the child with the dentist’s chair and teach the parent how best to take care of their child’s teeth. An oral health examination, which typically lasts 30 minutes to an hour, may be included in your child’s first dental visit.
The dentist may polish your child’s teeth, remove tartar, plaque, and stains, and check for signs of disease. They will demonstrate how to floss and apply fluoride to your child’s teeth correctly. During the appointment, your child’s dental hygiene practices, diet, and prevention of mouth injuries are likely to be discussed.
Children usually don’t experience too much discomfort while teething. When a baby’s first tooth comes in, the gums may swell and be tender, and they may drool more than usual. There may also be a little discomfort in the area where the tooth is erupting. Here are some ways to help ease your child’s teething pain:
- Gently massage your baby’s gums. Gently rub your baby’s gums with a clean finger or wet gauze. Putting pressure on your baby’s gums can relieve discomfort.
- Try to keep it cool. Your baby can chew on a frozen, wet cloth or rag to help reduce gum inflammation. A chilled (not frozen) teething ring or spoon can be soothing for your baby’s gums. Don’t freeze the ones with gel, as they might break easily when your child chews on them. Avoid dipping these items in sugary substances to prevent cavities. Give your baby cold foods such as yoghurt and applesauce. If your baby eats solid food, you can feed them chilled or frozen fruits.
- Try teething biscuits. At age 8 to 12 months, you can start offering teething biscuits. Pay attention to your baby’s oral hygiene and watch them closely as they eat. Pieces can break and lead to choking.
- Use over-the-counter medications. You may want to consider giving your baby over-the-counter pain medications such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen if they are especially difficult to soothe.