Early Orthodontic Treatment in Mundaring
We want to help your child have a bright future by providing early orthodontic treatment in Mundaring and nearby areas. When it’s time to treat their orthodontic needs, come see us at Mundaring Dental & Implant Centre.
Early detection is the key
to a successful early orthodontic treatment
Early orthodontic treatment at Mundaring Dental & Implant Centre offers early detection of tooth alignment issues and quality dental treatment before the problem becomes more serious. Early orthodontics is devoted to the treatment and evaluation of teeth straightening for young children. It deals with the evaluation of a child’s teeth and performing techniques to address cosmetic issues. In contrast to adult orthodontics, the treatment methods of early orthodontics are more preventative in nature. It involves more interceptive treatment than adult orthodontics. At Mundaring Dental & Implant Centre, we identify early problems and bad oral habits that may cause future bite alignment issues in children. Thus, we can manage them before they cause serious complications.
The Importance of Early Orthodontic Treatment
1. We want to help your child have a bright future by providing early orthodontics in Mundaring and nearby areas. When it’s time to treat their orthodontic needs, come see us at Mundaring Dental & Implant Centre.
2. Malocclusion can cause speech difficulties, especially for children who are still growing. At Mundaring Dental & Implant Centre, we have helped many patients overcome this problem by providing quality orthodontic treatment in Mundaring and surrounding suburbs like Wooroloo, Parkerville, and Sawyers Valley.
3. When kids chew food better, they digest it better, too. That’s why Mundaring Dental & Implant Centre offers orthodontic services to children of all ages.
4. A balanced smile can give your child a sense of confidence. Straight teeth are important for your child, and we can help.
5. Orthodontic treatment at a young age not only improves the appearance of your child’s teeth but also decreases the risk of tooth decay. Mundaring Dental & Implant Centre offers early orthodontic treatment options to help your child have a healthy smile.
6. Mundaring Dental & Implant Centre offers early orthodontic treatment to help reorient their permanent teeth into a more favourable position and prevent the need for future treatments. By preventing future treatments, you can make life easier for your child and save money on treatment.
& implant centre
Convenient Quality Dental Care
With over 50 years of combined experience, our team of professionals continues to provide high-quality dental services, from general dentistry and dental implant services to restorative and cosmetic dentistry.
A Compassionate Team Utilizing Modern Technology:
Mundaring Dental & Implant Centre offers the latest dental implant technology and techniques to provide you with the best possible results. Our state-of-the-art equipment makes your dental implant experience as easy and stress-free as possible.
Mundaring Dental & Implant Centre is proud to offer flexible payment plan options to make sure that everyone receives the dental care they need.
Same-day Dentistry and Fast Turn Around Time
Mundaring Dental & Implant Centre offers same-day service for various dental treatments, including dental crowns. You can get high-quality dental care and more natural-looking crowns in just one visit!
You might need clear aligners for the following orthodontic issues:
- Spacing Issues: Spacing issues in your mouth, such as diastema (gaps between teeth) and overcrowding, can become problematic. Excess space in your mouth, or lack thereof, can lead to food getting stuck between your teeth and gums, causing pain, tooth decay, or gum disease. Clear aligners can close these gaps or move crowded teeth into their correct position.
- Malocclusion: Malocclusion refers to crooked teeth or “bad bites”, such as crossbite, overbite, underbite, and open bite. Having misaligned teeth can make vital functions such as chewing difficult. Additionally, it can cause chipped and worn-down teeth and receding gums. Clear aligners can be used to adjust the position of your teeth and jaws to manage malocclusion.
Early orthodontic treatment or interceptive orthodontic, is when children begin treatment while they’re still growing and have most of their primary teeth. The goal is to direct a child’s dental development and growth to prevent specific spacing issues and malocclusions. This will make treatment easier down the road.
The main goal is often to address skeletal issues with the jaw and alignment before or soon after permanent teeth emerge. Common orthodontic treatments for children include:
- Palatal Expander: A palatal expander is a dental appliance used to widen your child’s palate, creating more space in the mouth. Several teeth in the back area of the mouth are covered with the appliance, which is custom-made for each individual. Usually, palatal expanders are prescribed when there are crossbites, dental crowding, or impacted teeth.
- Partial Braces: Partial braces are often used to treat minor orthodontic issues in children before they are fitted for their full set of braces during their early teen years. While they involve brackets and wires, they do not cover all of the teeth. Partial braces target the specific teeth that require attention.
- Clear Aligners: Clear aligners offer a great alternative to traditional braces for people of all ages. They’re created from transparent plastic material and are specifically designed to fit your child’s teeth. It is an excellent option for children who don’t want metal wires or braces on their teeth. Please note, however, that your child must be able to follow directions that come with clear aligner treatment.
- Retainers: Retainers are metal and plastic pieces that are custom-made for each child. They fit over the top of the teeth and mouth. Once braces are removed, retainers are used to hold the teeth in place, as your child’s teeth will need time to adjust to their new position. Retainers can help prevent teeth from shifting. Some retainers are permanently attached to your child’s teeth, while others are removable.
It is recommended that your child avoid certain foods to avoid damaging their braces. Foods to avoid include:
- Sticky and chewy foods, such as taffy and chewing gum
- Hard foods, such as popcorn, nuts, hard candies, and ice
While wearing braces, limit your child’s consumption of sweet foods and drinks. When sugar is combined with saliva, plaque forms on the teeth.
Various factors determine how much treatment will cost, including your child’s orthodontic issue, the type of orthodontic treatment they need, and the complexity of treatment. On average, treatment can cost anywhere from $3,500 to $9,000.